Without a doubt, Sony has played some excellent cards to make their VR platform more accessible. But it came to shock for many UK players that the PSVR will come without 10 games that the US PSVR demo disc has.
Speaking with DigitalSpy, a PlayStation spokesman explained why the bundled PSVR disc for UK comes with 8 games and the US PSVR comes with a whopping 18 games to experience. He explained to DigitalSpy:
“Due to several considerations specific to our region, for example, age rating and localisation requirements, there is a difference in content between the US and European VR demo discs”
He then further added:
“We continue to explore the possibility of making further demos available for free download from the Store.”
While many of the games aren’t available on the UK disc, the spokeman from PlayStation ensured that they will be adding free demos to the PlayStation Store as we dig further into time.
Considering what you are missing out on the UK disc, here’s the full list of games that will be available on the US disc:
- Allumette – Penrose
- Battlezone – Rebellion
- DriveClub VR – SIE WWS
- Eve: Valkyrie – CCP Games
- Gnog – KO_OP
- Harmonix Music VR – Harmonix Music Systems
- Headmaster – Frame Interactive
- Here They Lie – SIE WWS
- Job Simulator – Owlchemy Labs
- PlayStation VR Worlds – SIE WWS
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard: Kitchen Teaser – Capcom CO., LTD.
- Rez Infinite – Enhance Games
- Rigs Mechanized Combat League – SIE WWS
- Thumper – Drool
- Tumble VR – SIE WWS
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood – SIE WWS
- Wayward Sky – Uber Entertainment
- Within – Within
PlayStation VR is an exclusive VR headset aimed to bring amazing VR experiences to the current-gen PlayStation ecosystem. It is due to release on the 13th October. 2016 and will retail for a price of $399 in the US.