PlayerUnknown’s Battleground has brought huge success to Bluehole. The game has been a trending on Twitch and has gained a huge following since its release in March 2017.
The devs of PUBG has recently opened a poll for gamers to vote about the in-game UI and what they could do to improve the in-game inventory. The devs have opened and have also asked for fans to leave feedback for the game if they have anything unrelated to the current feedback that they are looking for. On Steam, the devs of PUBG posted:
Today we need your feedback regarding the development of our in-game HUD. Our dev team is considering two possible directions that we could take. We are asking the community for your opinions and feedback so we can make the most informed decision possible.
Please read the follow options carefully and vote in the poll that follows. You can also leave your opinions in the comments below. We must state that this is NOT a popularity vote, but a means to understand the needs and desires of the community. By working together, we believe that we can build and provide a better game experience for everyone.
A. Without having to open the inventory, the players should be able to check the availability and quantity of consumable items and grenades through the in-game UI.
- As a competitive shooter, the player must have all information readily available to facilitate fast decision-making and focus on tactics and combat
- Opening the inventory screen greatly reduces the player’s situational awareness and hinders their ability to concentrate on the competition
- The availability of this information allows low-level players to perform at a higher standard and provides greater accessibility to new players
B. Just as it is now, the players must choose when to open their inventory or preemptively memorize their own status.
- As a realistic battle royale, too much information can detract from the immersive experience
- Understanding the risks of checking your inventory during certain situations is part of the battle royale experience
- The ability to make quick decisions based on the player’s understanding of their current status, without relying on the UI, is one of many important skills in battle royale
- A minimal UI in the game improves immersion, which in turn provides more enjoyable and intense moments
The developers of the game are really active and have been listening and following the gaming community very closely. If this is an issue that they picked up due to a few requests, it seems like they need some extra opinions to finalize their decision.
To vote for either one of the options, you could vote over here.
More from Gaming News
Battlefield V is really making me confident regarding the future of the franchise. A few hours ago, EA finally revealed …
EA is just about to reveal the next Battlefield. Followed by the decoding of the easter eggs EA crammed into …