Square Enix has officially revealed that the Xbox One X will run their critically acclaimed 2015 title Rise of the Tomb Raider in full native 4K ultra-HD resolution, along with enhanced textures and effects. The Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Xbox One X update will roll out on November 7th, 2017, according to Square Enix. The update will be free to download for Xbox One X users.
Developed in partnership with Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X enhancements for the award-winning game include premiere graphics and other technical enhancements that leverage the full power of Xbox One X with settings that gamers can tailor to their taste.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes, including:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for highest fidelity resolution.
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades.
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay.
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology.
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio.
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X.
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details.
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights.
- Improved reflections.
- Enhanced foliage.
- Upgraded polygonal detail.
- Amplified texture filtering.
So there you have it, guys. Xbox One X will run ROTR at native 4K (3840×2160) resolution with “enriched visuals” and “high frame rate”. One thing to note here is that Square Enix did not reveal the exact FPS number. We speculate that it will run at 30FPS. Aside from that, ROTR on Xbox One X will also support High-Dynamic Range (HDR), Dolby Atmos and it will have improved textures as well as enhancements in other lighting effects.
Stay tuned to GeeksULTD for more.