Cloudflare is no stranger to many developers. The company has built a strong presence for itself by protecting numerous websites as well as speed them up. They were able to achieve some amazing success thanks to their business plan that allowed websites protected by Cloudflare to load web resources from the server closest to the user trying to access that website.
Recently, the folks over at Cloudflare had an amazing announcement to make that would simply enhance our online browsing experience. What they’ve done is that they’ve launched a new DNS service that would allow users connected with their DNS routing to be able to browse the internet faster and much more securely.
Since applying DNS for many users is simply a piece of cake, Cloudflare has released a guide over on their blog to show off how the people of the internet could take advantage of their new service. The DNS servers launched by Cloudflare consist of two IPs, these two IPs are 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. That’s it! Regarding how to install them on your devices. Here’s how to apply them on Windows 10, courtesy of Cloudflare.
- Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click on the Wi-Fi network you are connected to, then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (or Version 6 if desired).
- Click Properties.
- Write down any existing DNS server entries for future reference.
- Click Use The Following DNS Server Addresses.
- Replace those addresses with the 220.127.116.11 DNS addresses:
- For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- For IPv6: 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001
- Click OK, then Close.
- Restart your browser. (Source)
That’s it! Its that simple. Now you should be able to access a faster internet experience! Thanks Cloudflare! And yeah, this is no April Fools joke, mind you!