Amazon Firestick is a streaming device where people love streaming content online. This makes your TV smarter and more fun by streaming all sorts of cool content like movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports events, etc.
However, for you to access more variety of content, jailbreaking your Firestick is necessary. Let us look at what can you do with a jailbroken Firestick. Stick to us till the end to find out more.
8 Best Things To Do With a Jailbroken Firestick
1. Streaming Movies and TV Shows From a Variety of Sources
The only way third-party apps work for jailbroken Firesticks is by scraping links from the web. What this means is you can stream various content like movies, Live TV, TV shows, and sports, without subscribing to multiple streaming services.
Some streaming apps have a real-debrid support option which helps in high-quality streaming with less buffering.
2. Sideloading Apps From Outside the Amazon App Store
Sideloading apps means installing apps on a device from sources other than the official app store. It involved downloading the APK file first and then installing it.
You can sideload apps in many different ways. One such popular method is by using the Downloader app. The Downloader app helps you download files directly from the internet and install them on your device.
3. Using Custom Home Screens and Launchers
By jailbreaking your Firestick you can customize your home screens and launchers. You can give your device a brand-new look and feel to it. Additionally, you can add new features and functionality to your device.
For example, some custom home screens come with features like the option to add custom widgets, change the device’s theme, etc.
4. Installing and Running Kodi Add-Ons
Kodi add-ons are add-ons that can be installed on Kodi to boost functionality. You can access various content like TV shows, live TV, movies, etc using them.
There are various Kodi add-ons already available in the market. So to find and install this Kodi add-on, you can use the Kodi Add-on repository. This is a built-in feature of Kodi.
5. Installing Utilities
Utilities are apps that improve the performance and features of your jailbroken Firestick. For instance, the utilities help in clearing caches and cookies, managing startup apps, uninstalling unwanted apps, and optimizing your device’s settings.
Speaking of utilities, App2Fire, Downloader, File Commander, ES File Explorer, and Firestick Toolbox are some of the utilities available for jailbroken Firesticks.
6. Accessing Content That Is Not Available in the Amazon App Store
A jailbroken Firestick lets you download apps outside the official Amazon App Store. This makes it easy for you to access various content that is not available on the Amazon App Store.
Streaming apps from other countries, games that aren’t available on the Amazon App Store, apps that are removed from the Amazon App Store, and geographically restricted content are some of the content.
7. Hosting Your Own Plex Server
Plex is a media server software that lets you stream media files to other devices on your network. You can install Plex and stream media files on various devices.
- To set up a Plex server, you need to
- First, install Plex on your jailbroken Firestick.
- Create a Plex account.
- Add your media files to the Plex library.
- Connect your devices to the server.
You can start streaming after completing these steps.
8. Playing Retro Games
Installing an emulator helps in playing retro games on a jailbroken Firestick. An emulator helps in running a game on your Firestick.
There are various emulators available for jailbroken Firestick devices like RetroArch, Mupen64Plus FZ, and ePSXe. You need to install ROMs for the games you want to play once you install these.
But, you need to remember that ROMs may contain copyrighted content. So make sure you download ROMs legally.
How to Jailbreak a FireStick?
There are a lot of people who aren’t sure about how to jailbreak a FireStick. So, for those who aren’t aware of it, please look at the following steps.
- Firstly, install a third-party app called Downloader.
- Go to your Firestick’s home screen and click on Settings.
- Then select My Fire TV and then Developer options.
- Enable Apps from unknown sources
- Go to the home screen and scroll down to the Search
- Search for Downloader and install it.
Once you are done with installing Downloader, you can use it to jailbreak your Firestick by following the below steps.
- Go to Firestick’s home screen.
- Select the gear icon at the extreme right.
- Click on My Fire TV.
- Now open Developer options.
- Enable the ABD Debugging
- Then click Install unknown apps.
- Press Downloader and turn it ON.
- Now, go back to Settings and press Preferences.
- Open Privacy Settings.
- Disable Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data
- GO back to Preferences and Press Data Usage Monitoring.
- Then turn it OFF.
After completing these steps, you need to
- Open Downloader and click the URL box.
- Enter com/kapk in the box and press Go.
- Now let the Kodi 20.2 Nexus APK get downloaded.
- Next, you need to install it and open it to run Kodi.
That’s it! You have jailbroken your Firestick. And for those who are still confused and want detailed steps for jailbreaking a Firestick can follow this guide.
Jailbroken Firestick has a lot of advantages as compared to the normal default Firestick. You can download apps and stream content that isn’t possible with the normal Amazon Firestick. Most importantly, it is easy to jailbreak a Firestick and use it.
So make sure to check each of the 8 best things and check what can you do with a jailbroken firestick and make the best use of it!