Jumanji: The Next Level came roaring into theaters in 2019 following the success of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, 2017’s sequel/reboot to 1995’s Jumanji. Fans can likely look forward to another game since The Next Level teased as much in its mid-credits scene.
Jumanji 4 is still in the very early stages of development. Still, all signs point to the folks at Sony Pictures being keen to keep this franchise going, with the president of Seven Bucks Production Hiram Garcia, confirming that conversations surrounding the fourth film are “100%” happening.
While little is known about the plot of Jumanji 4, it seems safe to assume that the film will once again revolve around a group of teens who get sucked into a video game and have to band together to escape.
Considering how much fun The Next Level was, audiences can expect more of the same from Jumanji 4 – albeit with a few new twists and turns are thrown in to keep things fresh. Here’s hoping that Sony can get production on this highly-anticipated sequel underway sooner rather than later.
The fans have been waiting for Jumanji 4 since it was announced, but where is the film? Some think that they’ve heard about a cancellation. However, recently we got some exciting updates on this topic, and you will be surprised to know what our source has in store! It looks like there’s still hope after all – stay tuned with us as soon as possible so nothing slips through your fingers before the release date 😉
The original Jumanji movie was directed by Joe Johnston and stars Robin Williams as the unfortunate Alan Parrish, who discovers a strange-looking board game and finds himself pulled into a terrifying jungle world after a bad roll. When two children, played by Kristen Dunst and Bradley Pierce, resume the game decades later and bring Alan back, it’s up to the three to restore balance and finish the game once and for all. Jake Kasdan’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle updated this premise by turning Jumanji into a video game, which traps four mismatched teenagers inside and gives them the bodies of avatars, each with unique abilities. The new film is a fun update on the original, with plenty of laughs, thrills, and adventure. If you’re looking for a thrilling ride, check out Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
- Although there’s no official word, the anticipated release date for Jumanji 4 is December 2025.
- The movie hasn’t begun filming, and the schedule depends on the availability of some of the busiest names in Hollywood.
- Main cast members are expected to return, including Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, and others.
- Potential names returning: Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Nora Shepherd, and possibly Danny Glover.
- Full potential cast list includes:
- Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Xander “Smolder” Bravestone
- Kevin Hart as Franklin “Mouse” Finbar
- Jack Black as Professor Sheldon “Shelly” Oberon
- Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse
- Others including Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Ser’Darius Blain, Morgan Turner, Danny DeVito, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, and Bebe Neuwirth as Nora Shepherd.
- The plot for Jumanji 4 might take place in the real world, with dangerous wildlife running amok.
- At the end of the last movie, the game world entered the real world, a scenario reminiscent of the ’90s film.
- The film may explore avatars gaining sentience, interacting with real-life players, and characters potentially going back inside the game world.
- No official trailer yet, and fans will likely have to wait since there’s no official green light for the movie.
Where to Watch
- Expected to follow the same pattern as previous films, with an exclusive cinema release before becoming available digitally.
- The previous films are available on various streaming platforms: Netflix, Hulu, and Starz.
General Information and Impact
- Jumanji has become a global phenomenon, transforming a ’90s board game story into a virtual reality sensation.
- With the star power of actors like Dwayne Johnson, the franchise has spawned several successful movies.
- Jumanji’s influence even led to changes in the new Dungeons and Dragons movie.
- Despite the success of the series, there has been no official announcement regarding the commencement of filming or detailed plans.
Robin Williams Is Returning For Jumanji 4?
Jumanji fans are going mad with the news that Robin Williams was supposed to be in Jumunjis, but he passed away before filming could begin, so Dwayne Johnson took over. The production is planning something big and epic for his character, which will make it memorable; there’s no doubt about this being an emotional movie!
Robin Williams was supposed to be in Jumanji movies. The actor had already known about the plot of this movie and would’ve made fans go mad if they got their wish granted-to to see him play one of his famous characters from Bosom Buddies or Good Will Hunting on the screen once again, alive! Unfortunately, he passed away before any chance could occur. We can enjoy seeing what might have been, but don’t worry because I’m sure there’s more than enough material for an epic follow-up with Johnson taking over the lead role as Dr. Smugarfoot, Nick Halloway, etc…
Get the latest updates on GEEKSULTD.