Rainbow Six Siege Year 8 Season 2: Operation Dread Factor Release Date, Operator, Map Rework, and More
Rainbow Six Siege players have been eagerly waiting for the Year 8 Season 2 release of Operation Dread Factor. It promises a new operator, a map rework, a new playlist, and smaller reworks as well. This article is a comprehensive guide for all the players waiting to dive into the shooter. Here’s everything you need to know about the Dread Factor update.
The Rainbow Six Siege Year 8 Season 2, Operation Dread Factor release date has been set for May 30 on all platforms, including console and PC.
As mentioned, the newest Rainbow Six Siege operator is Fenrir, who is a tactical defender from Sweden. Fenrir comes equipped with the F-NATT Dread Mine gadget, which releases a Fear Effect gas that limits the attacker’s field of view. Here are some quick details about Fenrir:
Quick Facts About Fenrir
- Two-speed, two-health operator
- Loadout features an MP7 or SASG-12 as primary and BAILIFF 410 as secondary
The Consulate map is getting a rework with Year 8 Season 2. Ubisoft wants to make sure that the map is more balanced and complex for players. Changes to attacker spawn make it easier to get from spawn to the building itself. Here’s what you should know:
Quick Facts About Map Rework
- Reduces frustration and increases safety
- Makes the entire map feel more balanced and complex
- Less vulnerable locations outdoors
Shooting Range Changes
The shooting range has had a bit of an overhaul with the Dread Factor update. It’s easier to practice and get a vibe for your guns and loadouts. Here’s what you should know:
Quick Facts About Shooting Range
- New aiming lane added
- Several target types for accuracy practice
- Different movement speeds and distances
- Breakable wall for testing bullet penetration
Permanent Playlist of Arcade Game Modes
With the Dread Factor update, a new permanent playlist of arcade game modes comes with the update with Headshots Only, Snipers Only, Golden Gun, and Deathmatch all returning. Here’s what you should know:
Quick Facts About Arcade Game Modes
- Headshots Only
- Snipers Only
- Golden Gun
- Free for All
The new gadget Observation Blocker is set to be introduced with the Dread Factor update, which throws up a digital barrier that blocks the line of sight for drones and other tools so you can’t see operators through them. Here’s what you should know:
Quick Facts About Observation Blocker
- Only visible when playing as a regular operator
- Thwarts attackers from looking straight into the site and identifying threats quickly
- Can be destroyed by gadgets and drones
- Does not affect operators in any way
- Ideal for blocking a line of sight
To sum up, Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 8 Season 2 is coming out with several exciting updates. The new operator, Fenrir, has a unique gadget that can limit the attacker’s field of view. The Consulate map rework makes the entire map more balanced and complex for players. The shooting range changes make it easier to practice and get a feel for your guns and loadouts. The new permanent playlist of arcade game modes brings back the classics, with a new Free for All game mode. Lastly, the Observation Blocker gadget is ideal for blocking a line of sight and denying valuable information to attackers.
1. Which operator is coming with the Dread Factor update in Rainbow Six Siege?
The newest operator in Rainbow Six Siege is Fenrir, a tactical defender from Sweden.
2. What does the new gadget Observation Blocker do
The Observation Blocker gadget throws up a digital barrier that blocks the line of sight for drones and other tools so you can’t see operators through them.
3. When will the Rainbow Six Siege Year 8 Season 2 release date drop?
The Rainbow Six Siege Year 8 Season 2 release date is expected to drop on May 30, so later this month, on all platforms including console and PC.
4. What changes have been made to the shooting range in Rainbow Six Siege in the Dread Factor update?
The new shooting range changes in the Dread Factor update make it easier to practice and get a feel for your guns and loadouts. New aiming lanes, several target types, different movement speeds and distances, and a breakable wall for testing bullets penetration have been added.
5. Which Arcade Game Modes will now be available permanently with the update?
The Arcade Game Modes that will now be available permanently with the update in Rainbow Six Siege are Headshots Only, Snipers Only, Golden Gun, Deathmatch, and Free for All.