JIMMIE JOHNSON net worth: A Look at the Life of One of NASCAR’s Most Successful Drivers
Rise to Fame
In 2002, Jimmie Johnson made his full-time debut in NASCAR’s Cup Series, driving the No. 48 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports. He had a promising start, becoming the first rookie driver to lead the point standings and win multiple races in his debut year. He went on to win seven Cup Series championships, and in 2006, he won his first Daytona 500.
Career Achievements and Accolades
Johnson’s net worth is estimated at $160 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Besides his racing salary and winnings, Johnson has earned millions of dollars from endorsement deals with brands like Gatorade, Seiko Watch Corporation, Blue Bunny, and Chevrolet. Here are some highlights of Johnson’s career achievements:
- Seven Cup Series championships, tied for most all-time (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016)
- 83 career Cup wins (tied with Cale Yarborough for sixth all-time)
- 4 series-best seasons
- Two-time Daytona 500 winner (2006, 2013)
- Four-time Coca-Cola 600 winner (2003, 2004, 2005, 2014)
- Four-time Brickyard 400 winner (2006, 2008, 2009, 2012)
Jimmie Johnson in Retirement
Johnson officially retired in 2021 from full-time racing, joining Chip’s Ganassi Racing in the IndyCar series for a partial season. Nevertheless, he continues to remain as one of NASCAR’s most popular drivers.
1. What is Jimmie Johnson’s Net Worth in 2021?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Jimmie Johnson’s net worth is estimated to be around $160 million in 2021, a result of his successful career in stock car racing, numerous endorsement deals with top brands, and savvy personal investments.
2. How many Cup Series wins does Jimmie Johnson have?
During his illustrious career in NASCAR, Johnson amassed a total of 83 career Cup Series wins, tying with Cale Yarborough for the sixth-most wins all-time.
3. When did Jimmie Johnson retire from full-time racing?
After the 2020 racing season, Johnson retired from full-time racing in NASCAR, but he joined Chip’s Ganassi Racing in the IndyCar series for a partial season in 2021.
4. What are some of Jimmie Johnson’s other notable achievements?
Aside from winning seven Cup Series championships, Jimmie Johnson was a two-time Daytona 500 winner, a four-time Coca-Cola 600 winner, and a four-time Brickyard 400 winner. He also became the first driver to be named Associated Press “Male Athlete of the Year” and won “Driver of the Year” five times.
5. Does Jimmie Johnson have any charitable interests?
Johnson is a strong advocate for numerous charitable interests. He founded the Jimmie Johnson Foundation, which aims to help children, families, and communities in need by offering various programs and grants. Additionally, he supports various other charitable causes, such as the American Red Cross, Feed the Children, and Make-A-Wish Foundation, to name a few.