With video games, it’s tough to tell whether or not we’ll enjoy the title until we purchase and experience it ourselves. Steam, the world’s most popular digital game store, provides a return policy for customers who are not satisfied with their purchases. If you’re unlucky enough to suffer from buyers’ regret early in your play experience, Steam will painlessly refund your money. Request a refund and the item will be removed from your library; it’s as simple as that.
However, the time you have with a product before returning it is limited. After two weeks of ownership and no and over two hours of play, you have the right to return a game. Outside of these parameters, it’s highly likely that your return request will be denied.
For these two hours of runtime, Steam calculates every second you spend into the game been when the game may be minimized, the timer is still ticking away. This is something to take into account when you’re on the fence regarding whether or not you should try to patch the game or return it.
Hoping to return a game you didn’t like or pondering about whether you purchased the game is eligible for a refund, we’ll answer all our questions in our how-to guide to return a game successfully on Steam.
What Is Steam Refund Policy?
You can ask for a refund for most games that you buy directly from steam. Though steam also offers you the choice to return the games that have been gifted to you as well. After you issue a refund, the money will be credited back to the original buyer.
Steam maintains a refund policy that you can follow to assess if your purchase is eligible for a refund or not.
- Buyers must ask for a refund within two weeks of the purchase.
- The game must have been played for less than two hours.
It’s also possible to request a cashback through the Steam Support team even if you are past the deadline for getting a refund. though, it’s unlikely you’ll be reimbursed.
How to Refund Steam Game?
Looking to return a game you didn’t enjoy. here are a few simple steps to follow:-
- First thing first, check to see if the game has been played less than two hours plus it hasn’t been in your game library for two weeks. Selecting the item in your library will display how long you’ve spent playing it. This is the paramount factor to consider while returning any game.
(Here the game has been played for over 2 hours so It can’t be refunded)
2. There should be a “Help” option at the top of the Steam app (or at the top right of the screen on a Mac). Click on it and select “Steam Support.”
(Click “Steam Support” in the drop-down menu.)
3. Steam Support will show you the games you’ve recently purchased. As an alternative, click on “Purchases” and choose the product from the screen that opens up, and then choose “Refund.”
4. You can select “I’d like a refund” as your response. It’s possible to get a refund from the form of payment you used, as well as a Steam Wallet credit.
(Directing your funds in your Steam account will let you cash in immediately to purchase other games or use them as in-game purchases, and trading cards.)
5. Steam also asks you for a reason why you’re requesting a cashback. Just choose your reason from the list provided.
Steam will provide you with a reference ID and you will be notified via email of the status of your return request. Usually, a refund is issued within a week, but it could take even longer for international payment options.
How Many Times Can You Refund Games on Steam?
There is no restriction on how many times you can ask for a refund from steam. But bear in mind that you may be barred from future refunds if you’re looking to take advantage of Steam’s refund policy. But before you jump any hoops it’s always smart to go through the steam refund policy once.
Stay tuned with GeeksULTD to know other exciting tips and tricks.