Google says: Getting behind the wheel isn’t a difficult chore, and it improves with repetition. Keep a close eye on road signs when driving, such as parking schedules, repairs, and speed restrictions; these are all vital to keep in mind. Overdosing the speed limit in most countries is a criminal offense and can result in serious consequences. Keeping tabs on the speedometer as well as the speed bumps on each route is essential, but drivers may also utilize their cellphones and Google Maps to get speed limit alerts on their phones.
The safety of yourself and others is at stake if you don’t abide by traffic laws. The most prevalent cause of fatal accidents is driving too fast for the surroundings. In such a situation, Google Maps’ speed limit function can be a lifesaver.
Google alerts you if you attempt to go beyond the speed limit, so you may take action. Google Maps users may toggle the speed limit option and obtain information about their vehicle’s current speed if they want to do so.
Let’s know more about it in detail.
How to set the Speed Limit feature in google maps?
Here are the steps:-
- Remember to have the most recent version of Google Maps installed on your phone.
- Open google maps on your phone and touch the profile image to select settings.
- Navigate to the Driving section by clicking on the Navigation button.
- Set “Speedometer”, and “Speed Limits” to active return to the Google Maps app’s main screen when you’re done.
The feature is not yet available to all countries
The function is currently only accessible in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Russia, and South Africa. Install the current version of the software from either the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or your respective app provider.
Do Google maps account for the speed limit?
Google Maps uses stated speed limits plus historical traffic conditions to predict the arrival time of a given route. Speed restrictions, traffic conditions, and distance from your starting location are all taken into account when Google Maps calculates your ETA.
How to turn on ETA in google maps?
Here are the steps:
- Open the Google Maps application on your device.
- Set a destination.
- Select the ‘more’ feature in navigation.
- Now select the profile of a person you wish to share your location with.
- Once you’ve arrived at your set destination, you can stop sharing your location.
CHECK THE SPEED ON THE APPLICATION WITH YOUR GOOGLE MAP SPEEDOMETER WHEN YOU’RE USING THIS FEATURE FOR THE FIRST TIME TO BE SURE IT’S ACCURATE.