While Microsoft leaves their beastly Xbox One X in the oven for priming, Microsoft’s Xbox team was also working on an update that takes a ton of the community feedback and aims to bring a ton of customization to the Xbox One family of devices.
The new update allows Xbox One gamers to pin up to 40 of their favorite apps, games, friends a ton lot more. Alongside that, players would also be able to give the Xbox One’s UI an overhaul with a dark mode, light mode and a high-contrast mode taking the Xbox One’s UI to the next level.
For those in the Middle East, Microsoft has also confirmed the addition of Arabic and Hebrew to their Xbox One family of devices in the fall update.
Alongside these major changes, Microsoft has also announced some subtle changes to the way how the console behaves as well. Here’s a rundown of the improvements
- With the enhanced notification system, when your Xbox One is idle, time-sensitive activities and status are visible from far away.
- The screen-dimming functionality has also been updated to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing notification snapshots of what’s happening on Xbox Live.
- The newly redesigned Game Hub Welcome tab now features a summary of all the great content around the game on one page.
- Profiles now enable faster access to recent activity. You can now easily manage who sees your activity feed content through the “Others can see your activity feed” privacy setting.
- See more content at a glance with new Community feed, and view screenshots and game clips in an immersive, full-screen view.
For content creators, the Xbox One Fall Update brings support fot USB webcams, support for 4K/HDR screenshots and capture your content to an external hard drive as well.
These are indeed some amazing changes an an amazing way to end 2017 for Xbox One gamers. The fact that Microsoft remains dedicated towards the software side of things with the Xbox One just shows their commitment to the community’s feedback and their dedication to bring the best changes to the Xbox One.
The update is already available and is indeed a recommended update for us. Go and update your Xbox One console to take advantage of all of these improvements.