The Asus Zenfone Max Plus M1 was Asus’s first attempt at the 18:9 display trend. With the excellent feedback Asus has gathered from its users, Asus has decided to release an improved version of the phone called the Zenfone Max Pro M1. Not only does it bring major improvements to the table, but it also tries its best to assure users that they care about the community’s feedback.
The new Zenfone Max Pro M1 packs the following internals:
Zenfone Max Pro M1 Specifications
- Snapdragon 636 SoC
- Upto 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage
- 6-inch 2160 x 1080 18:9 display
- 13MP/16MP + 5MP Rear Dual Camera Setup
- 4K video recording support
- Runs Stock Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
- Face Unlock support
- Dual SIM support + support for a MicroSD card upto 2TB
- 5000mAh battery
As far as we could speculate, the unexpected launch of the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 simply rings Xiaomi’s doorbell showing off what Asus could offer.
Regarding pricing, Asus has announced that the Zenfone Max Pro M1 would launch in Indonesia for the moment. Fans from other regions would have to wait for their release frame. But that doesn’t stop us from speculating the Malaysian pricing of these devices. In Indonesia, the Zenfone Max Plus is set to retail for the following prices for each configuration based off of current conversion rates.
- ZenFone Max Pro M1 (3GB/32GB) Rp. 2.299.000 (~MYR RM 642)
- ZenFone Max Pro M1 (4GB/64GB) Rp.2.799.000 (~MYR RM 782)
- ZenFone Max Pro M1 (6GB/64GB) Rp.3.299.000 (~MYR RM 929)
Personally speaking, I have a ton of confidence in these new devices and am looking forward to see the rivalry between Asus and Xiaomi heat up as we flow through 2018. Not only are these improvements and pricing a massive blow to Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5, but is also a clear indication of how Asus wants to lead the way with their budget devices. Lastly, if Xiaomi’s planning to release the Mi 6X/ Mi A2 soon, Xiaomi already has a tough competitor to face thanks to the release of the Zenfone Max Pro M1. Impressive indeed!