Nowadays, students are eligible for a plethora of discounts on fashion, technology, travel, and meals but one of the best deals for students right now is Amazon Prime Student. It offers almost all of the same benefits as Amazon Prime but at half a price and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Amazon Prime Student also offers student-only discounts for Calm, and Course Hero, and Grubhub+ Student.
Eager to know, what it is and how to sign up for Amazon Prime Student and reap the benefits of its exclusive deals? We’ve everything you need right here! so dive in!
About Amazon Prime Student Discount
Unlike normal Amazon Prime, which costs $99 per year, Amazon Student delivers the very same perks at a steep discount. Amazon Prime Student is available to students active in at least one course in university or college in the United States. Amazon Prime Student Discount is also available for students studying in Puerto Rico or via online universities.
Benefits of Amazon Prime Student Membership
Amazon Prime Student offers multiple prime benefits the usual demographic care about: two-day or free free-next day shipping on eligible products, unlimited streaming of myriad of trendy TV shows and movies, a half-hour early access to best deals, unlimited photo storage, and free access to hundreds of ebooks on prime reading.
In addition, offers back-to-school discounts for college amenities such as hostels and tech products. Plus it contains enticing for travel, food deliveries, and homework help.
Other perks include:
- Free Student, and GrubHub+ subscription
- 3 months ‘Calm’ subscriptions
- 1 month ‘Course Hero’ subscriptions
- More than 10% off on hotels and flights
How Much Does Amazon Prime Student Cost?
An Amazon Prime Student can enjoy Amazon Prime free of cost for half a year. A standard Amazon Prime membership offers only a 30-day free trial period.
A discounted cost of $6.49 per month or $59 per year is available once the trial period ends. After 30 days of a free trial, Amazon Prime costs $12.99 a month (or $119 a year).
Who Are Eligible For Amazon Prime Student Discount?
The eligibility criteria for Amazon Prime Student Discount are fairly straightforward. Consider the following requirements before applying:
- You must own an active Amazon account
- You must be enrolled in a university or college course
A valid “.edu” works just fine but in case you don’t have one, you can still apply using official college or university credentials. However, Your enrollment evidence will be requested by Amazon.
How To Sign Up For Amazon Prime Student Discount?
If you are eligible, getting Amazon Prime Student is a simple process. Ensure you meet all of the requirements listed above before moving forward.
All you have to do is:
- Go to the Amazon Prime Student sign-up website (USA | UK | India)) for your location and sign-up.
- Select the “Try Prime Student” button.
- After that, you’ll need to log in from your Amazon account.
- Next, put your “.edu” e-mail and the year you’ll graduate.
- Amazon will then send a confirmation e-mail to your e-mail address. Now it’s time to open it up and confirm the registration.
- Next, submit your personal information and payment details, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
In case you don’t possess a “.edu” ID then you can use any Amazon-approved documents such as Tuition fees receipt, Student ID, and more. Once validated, you’ll be provided with an Amazon Prime subscription at a 50% discount. You can terminate the subscription without paying a penny during the first six months. It’s always good to have Amazon looking out for you, ain’t it?