Epic Games has just released yet another update for Fortnite. The latest update brings a ton of changes to the game play as well as introduces a number of new options and items to the game. With this update, Epic has introduced the Heavy AR (aka AK-47), a new mode called Team Terror as well as vaulted the Pumpkin Launcher for good.
Starting off with the Heavy AR, Epic has finally introduced a Heavy AR to the game. Following the announcement of the Heavy Sniper, the newly announced Heavy AR is meant to do some crazy damage to your enemies. The weapon, aka the AK-47, is available in three rarities, namely, Rare, Epic and Legendary. To back up our claim regarding the “crazy damage” mentioned earlier, the gun would deal 44, 46 and 48 damage, respectively.
The Heavy AR can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops and is capable of handling a magazine of 25 rounds each. As suggested by its name, the Heavy AR would utilize heavy bullets and would join the family of guns that use the heavy bullets as their ammo following the snipers and the Deagle / Hand Canon in Fortnite.
The latest mode making its way to Fortnite has been dubbed as Team Terror. With Team Terror, you would pit in one of 32 duo slots. Not only would you have to eliminate the other team with one of your partners, but you would also have to ensure that you could fend off the cube monsters in time.
Once you’ve joined into a match of Team Terror, you would notice that ammo and consumables spawn with double the amount of usual ammo and consumables. In addition to that, there’s also a 75% increase in farming materials compared to the traditional Battle Royale mode as well as being able to expect triple the amount of ammo spawned from ammo crates across the map.
In addition to that, with this update in effect, Epic has finally pushed the new outfits to the Fortnite item shop. However, since this would be a limited time offer, the offer won’t go live until November the 9th as detailed in a previous report.
Regarding the rest of the changes, Epic has made major changes to the spawn rates of a number weapons across the map, most notably, the introduction of Balloons. Not only have they nerfed them, but like other updates, expect to see the Heavy AR as much you can.
Regarding the Pumpkin launcher, it seems like its time has come to an end as Epic vaults it from the latest update. Certainly we would be able to see it next year but for now, its gone.
Below is the full list of changes coming to Fortnite update 6.22 retrieved from the folks over at Epic Games.
LIMITED TIME EVENT: TEAM TERROR
Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
LIMITED TIME EVENT: BLITZ!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Fortnitemares Part 2 quests are now available!
- Complete the epic storyline of Hexsylvania.
- Now includes the Vlad miniboss and the final fight to put him to rest.
- Complete the epic storyline of Hexsylvania.
- Fixed an issue where the quest Supply Run would improperly launch players into Hexslyvania resulting in quest items not spawning.
- Fixed an issue where two survivors could possibly spawn next to each other in the same camp.
- New Mythic Ninja – Werewolf Dire
- A wild Ninja that becomes more fearsome and energetic at night.
- Available in the Event Store November 7th at 7 PM EST.
- New Perks:
- Nightstalker – During Evening and Night, gain 25% bonus movement speed.
- Midnight Stalker – Increases the movement speed bonus of Night Stalker by an additional 25%.
- Abilities cost 50% less energy during Evening and Night.
- New Legendary Outlander – Sanguine Dusk
- Uses Phase Shift to steal health from enemies.
- Available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2.
- New Perks:
- Phase Siphon – Phase Shifting through enemies deals 11 base damage and heals 6 base health.
- Super Siphon – Increases the healing of Phase Siphon to 32 base health.
- Fixed an issue where glowing effects on Ninja characters would stop glowing after entering Shadow Stance.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to appear in your lobby even after they have left.
- This may have caused incorrect power level restrictions on missions.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Candy Corn LMG is now available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2.
- A heavy, festive weapon with a huge magazine full of candy shaped bullets. Most effective at mid-range engagements when aiming down sights from a fixed position.
- Weapon Perk:
- Eliminating enemies with this weapon can spawn healing candy pickups.
- Reviving defenders will no longer leave them indestructible but unable to shoot or take any action.
- Re-summoning a revived defender will no longer leave an invisible, indestructible copy of the defender behind.
- Added additional sounds for Vlad Taker and ambient sounds for his coffin.
- Updated Atlas Victory sequence movie sound mix.
- Fixed multiple volume and missing sound issues with the Atlas.
- Fixed mix issue with Lars music suppressing ambient music.
- Fixed sound playback issues with the Flamegrill trap.
- Fixed issues with Frontend reward music not playing consistently.
- Fixed audio issues with active encampments not triggering.